The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission is an independent agency that regulates the interstate transmission of electricity, natural gas and oil. FERC ensures the safe operation and reliability of proposed and operating LNG terminals in the United States. FERC works closely with federal and state agencies in its siting process. The review process ensures LNG terminals and associated LNG vessel traffic meet safety and environmental requirements during construction and operation. FERC is currently responsible for the regulation of Golden Pass LNG Terminal and Golden Pass LNG Pipeline. FERC would also be responsible for the regulation of Golden Pass Products, if built.
- Initiated pre-filing in May 2013.
- Completed pre-filing, formally filed with FERC in July 2014.
- Received draft Environmental Impact Statement in March 2016. FERC accepted public comments through May 2016.
- In July 2016, received final Environmental Impact Statement, which concluded GPP would have no significant impact on the environment when recommended mitigation measures are implemented.
- Receipt of FERC order in December 2016.
To view all Golden Pass Products regulatory filings and status reports on our FERC docket:
- Go to elibrary.ferc.gov
- For Date Range, enter 05/01/2013 - present.
- Enter Docket Number PF13-14, CP14-517 or CP14-518.
- Click "Submit."